My Blog List

Welcome To My World

This is the thoughts of a small town youth pastor giving God all he is to the will of the ONE who saved him.
Thanks for stopping in!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Paying the Price

You know God tells us to seek out the One! I had the honor this week to go to Atlanta to the Velocity conference and In a breakout session with Pete Wilson he really brought the point home of seeking out the One. I felt God speaking directly to me about one of the students that attends our youth ministry on Tuesday nights. So When I got home I give this alot of prayer and just like God He opened the door for me and said now did you really mean it? I had no other choice but to say yes God I mean it. This friday night the Pointe stayed the night at the church and the One showed up I let the Spirit lead me in every choice I had to make with the One. Now as if I didn't see it coming satan has struck and I feel condemned for the choices I made and I feel people are striking out at me for this. How do we overcome this? I know I am not a people pleaser! God I pray you help people to see that I am working for the BIGGER picture not just the small corner we see with our earthly eyes. Give us ALL your eyes to see people the way you do and if the ways you chose to bring people to the cross is not what the world thinks is right give us the strength to keep on your path and not conform to this sick world we live in. Amen!! The road to this cross is full of blood sweat and alot of tears the ONE thing we must focus on is what is on top of that hill and that is the CROSS!!! The cross Jesus Himself hung on to pay for the sins of each us. It was not the easy way it was a struggle, the HARD way but shows us the compassion we need to have. Jesus loved US so much he chose the HARD road not the punk way out. So why do we always want things to be easy all the time for all people. It was NEVER easy for Jesus. Do you honestly think you are so much better than your Creator that everything is going to be peachy for you?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike. Sounds like God is doing some cool things through you. Glad you were able to be a part of the breakout.

    ReplyDelete