My Blog List

Welcome To My World

This is the thoughts of a small town youth pastor giving God all he is to the will of the ONE who saved him.
Thanks for stopping in!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Heart

You know things can get really crazy really fast in our lives. This past Sunday I ask God to put His heart inside of me just let me see everybody the way He sees them. I cut myself off from Facebook, Twitter, etc....... I even went as far as to put people I am really close to on my call reject list on my phone. Yeah I know it seems cold but you can not truly give yourself over to God with everything in your way. Not saying people bother me LOL. You know this worked God opened my eyes to a hurting would that is seeking something but they do not know what it is. Tonight I was at Wal-Mart waiting to pick up my meds and of course they where slow. It was 6:15 and I had to be at church in 15 minutes to share the Gospel with a group of teens. This is when God said ok lets see if you are willing to see people the way I do. A elderly lady walked up to pick her meds up and she came up about 30 dollars short. Now here is the problem I live on a budget and 30 dollars might as well be a 1000 dollars and I had a group of teens waiting on me at church with no clue where I was. All of a sudden I found myself in tears telling her I would pay for her meds. The big picture God gave me a chance to share His love with that lady her 2 grandchildren and I looked up and the dude behind the counter was crying and another heart had been touched by Gods love! A simple thing like money hinders all of us but in the end if we look past ourselves and have a heart like God money becomes nothing but a means to help others as I believe God intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment