My Blog List

Welcome To My World

This is the thoughts of a small town youth pastor giving God all he is to the will of the ONE who saved him.
Thanks for stopping in!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lost in Chaos

In life it seems that every day we wake up and go through the same motions. We get caught up in our routine you know you get up at the same time have the same thing for breakfast etc........ day after day. We go through life doing what has to be done and most of the time we go through life doing what everybody else thinks we need to do. This is what I'm gonna call Lost in Chaos. This is chaos that we put on ourselves we feel the need to live by the standards of this world do go do go do go you get the point. Why do we do this? We have seen what it does to people it has drove them to the point of mental and physical breakdown. Yet we still always say yes to any and everybody who ask something of us. Why do we weight ourselves down burdens that 5 years from now nobody will even remember. I want to come at this from a personal level for a moment. Yes I am one of those people who wants everybody to be happy all the time I do not like conflict. I can not say no to people and I always take on more than need be and yes I had a routine to get it all done. Then one day it hit me. What am I doing? I give up my joy my happiness the happiness of my family trying to please everybody and doing any and everything people wanted me to do I became the Yes Man. My life had become full of Chaos, Chaos I put there which was not doing me any good and at that point I was not doing God any good. I realized I had become something God can not stand a people pleaser. I made the focus of my life doing God stuff instead of doing what is pleasing to God. Now I have to take that step back and refocus. The hardest thing about that step back is the sick feeling you get when you realize you broke Gods heart but we serve a God that has so much Love and Grace that when we get Lost in Chaos that He is faithful and just enough to jerk a knot in our butts as my granpa says and get us back on the right path. Even when we feel like a failure for having to step back just remember Jesus took breaks, not because He overwhelmed Himself but to keep from it as a example to us. I hope some how this has blessed you and always remember God loves each and everyone of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment