My Blog List

Welcome To My World

This is the thoughts of a small town youth pastor giving God all he is to the will of the ONE who saved him.
Thanks for stopping in!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Legacy!!!

This is brought to you from a conversation I had with my dad. To start this story off right I will say this. The man I call my dad is not the man who "donated" yeah you know what I am saying. When my mom meet the man I call dad he was not a Godly man he said to me today "I did not start out showing you the right way to be a man" I stopped him right there and told him "you give your self to Christ and showed me how to be a man of God before I died and stood before God and spent eternity in hell". You see the big thing here to me is this man does not have kids of his own but he made the statement today that he now has a legacy and that is me and my kids. How AWESOME is that! To me that says his greatest life work is showing me how to be a man of God and me passing it on to my children. This is what I call a AWESOME dad. Not only is he a awesome dad he is a grandfather to my children a man I know they love and he loves them and it makes to know God put this man in our family to be a Shepard for our family and I know I would not be the man I am today if it was not for him showing me how and loving me even when I messed up. I say all of this for this purpose God works in very odd ways in our lives. It is always the people we least expect to make a difference in our lives that always make the biggest difference. Lets take a trip back to the Old Testament look as Moses in todays terms Moses would be "special" because he speech problems. Look at what all he done,all the miracles God done through him. Someone we would a retard done some of greatest things of his time. Now look at the disciples modern day bad boys but they changed the world! This all comes down to this we ALWAYS put labels on people before we give them a chance but we never look at them from Gods eyes. What if stepdad, stepmom, the crazy old lady in the creepy house or who ever it is always remember to see what God is up to before you place judgement on someone God might have sent to change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment